Original Music/Hip-Hop Rap/Poetry Contest for Theme Song of Trenton Speaks Now VIDEO Contest dates: December 1, 2010 – January 10, 2011
Please read through all the directions and follow the protocols for submission.
– Getting to the root of the challenges that face our youth
- There are reasons why girls are having babies out of wedlock. Could it be the music that these young ladies are hearing? The images they see from mainstream media?
- There are reasons why our young men think “it’s cool to fail.” Just as long as they have the freshest sneakers or the baddest chick on their arm. What breeds this type of self-esteem? Could it be the portrayal of masculinity? Lack of family structure?
– Produce the original music
– Sing song/Rap/Poetry/Spoken word for 60-90 seconds <span>concerning education</span>. No expletives.
– Submit videos via YOUTUBE or FACEBOOK by January 10th 2011
- If using YouTube, send the link to: TrentonSpeaksNowContest@gmail.com, please insert your Full Name and the title of your submission in the subject line
- If using Facebook, tag “L. Trenton Marsh” in the video
– Finalists will be determined by a committee and asked to perform their selection a MUSIC PRODUCTION STUDIO. Details will only be sent to finalists.
– $300.00 US Savings Bond for College (for High School artists) or $300.00 for Higher Education Support (for current College Artists) or $300.00 (all others).
– Opportunity to record your original song in a music production studio
If you have any questions about the contest, feel free to write us at:
TrentonSpeaksContest@gmail.com. Please allow up to 48 hours to receive a response.
Thank you in advance for your participation and we look forward to your submissions!